- Frank J Myers is from Dayton, Ohio. He moved to Nashville in 1981. Frank got his start in Nashville as band leader, road manager and lead guitarist for Eddy Raven in 1981 and worked with Eddy for 9 years. It was with Eddy that Frank started writing, playing and co producing sessions. They had 2 number ones, 5 number twos and 3 top tens. Songs such as I Got Mexico, Bayou Boys, You Should’ve Been Gone By Now, Sometimes A Lady and many others. It was in 1982 though, that Frank had his first single (a song he wrote by himself) with You and I for Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle which stayed number one: four weeks country, number two for six weeks AC and number 6 for four weeks Pop.
It was during his time with Eddy Raven that Frank met Gary Baker. They had their first number one together in 1993 with Once Upon A Lifetime by Alabama. Gary and Frank recorded one album for MCG/Curb Records as Baker & Myers and were 3 time nominees for Duo Of The Year at the ACM’s and CMA’s. Their greatest accomplishment as writers together came when John Michael Montgomery recorded I Swear which was number one for 4 weeks on the Country charts. The song was then recorded by All 4 One and went to number one on the pop charts and stayed there for 11 weeks. Since then, I Swear has won these awards:
- American Songwriter Magazine
- Pop, AC, R&B, Country and Overall Song of the year. Pop, R&B, Country and Overall Songwriters of the year.
- 1st Annual Country Radio Awards
- Single and Song of the year
- C.M.A. Awards
- Single of the year Song of the year nomination
- Grammy Awards
- Country song of the year
Best R&B Vocal and Song of the year nomination
- A.C.M. Awards
- Single and Song of the year
- Award for Country, Pop, and AC Song of the year
- Country, Pop and R&B Song of the Year
Billboard Magazine Awards
- #1 song of 1994
- 1994 Song and Songwriters of the Year
International Song Of The Years Awards
- Canada, Germany, Great Britain, France, Sweden, Switzerland, Japan and China
Frank also co-wrote I’m Already There the 7-week number one smash by Lonestar,which was nominated for a Grammy and CMA Song and Single Of The Year. The song also went to number 2 on the AC chart. It was also named American Songwriter Magazine’s Country Song of the year and Frank was voted Country Songwriter of the year along with Gary Baker and Richie McDonald. His single My Front Porch Looking In by Lonestar is the first record in R&R history to go to #1 fall to number #2 for 6 weeks and go back to #1. His latest #1 was Tomorrow by Chris Young which was also nominated for ACM Single of the Year. Frank has had songs recorded by over 50 Country and Pop Artists. He’s had 12 number ones and 20 top tens and a 2021 Nashville Songwriter’s Hall Of Fame Nominee.
Frank’s Artist co-writes and Productions include Kenny Loggins, Richie McDonald, Lonestar, Vince Gill, Billy Ray Cyrus, All 4 One, Pam Tillis, The Gatlins, Andy Griggs, Eddy Raven, John Rich, Dave Fenley, Angie Keilhauer and many others!
Frank’s latest Production Projects includes “Love Lives On” the Various Artist’s Project to benefit T.A.P.S.(Tragedy Assistance Program For Survivors) check it out at www.taps.org
“God’s Got This” and his current release “If Every Day Could Be Christmas” both written/produced & recorded by Frank
Check out his music links:
He was nominated for a Dove Award in 2009 for his writing and production work on “I Turn To You” recorded by Richie McDonald. This was his first Dove Award nomination, as well as his first Producer nomination.