The Rocky Mountain Songwriter Festivals Inc. is a non-profit 501 c-3 corporation. We create and produce multi-day festivals that bring the creativity of songwriting mountain communities in Montana and Wyoming. Our festivals are hosted in the downtown districts of these communities utilizing the existing infrastructure of bars, restaurants, coffee houses and theaters. Our festivals include live performances, songwriting classes and songwriting contests.
Through these festivals we are able to fulfill our mission to promote music education through local public schools, private schools and colleges.
Red Lodge Songwriter Festival now in it’s fifth year is held each June in the mountain community of Red Lodge, Montana.
Whitefish Songwriter Festival is held annually in September in Whitefish Montana the gateway to Glacier National Park.
Yellowstone Songwriter Festival is held each September in the Cowboy Capital of the World, Cody Wyoming.
Since our inception we have gifted over $40,000 to fulfill this mission.
- 2016 – $5,000 gifted to Operation Second Chance
- 2017 – $8,500 gifted to Red Lodge Public School Music Department
- 2018 – $10,000 gifted to Red Lodge Public School Music Department
- 2019 – $10,000 gifted to Red Lodge Public School Music Department
- $10,000 used to create scholarship fund for music majors at MSU-Billings
- 2020 – no gifting since both festivals were postponed until 2021 due to Covid-19 concerns.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our festivals.
Rocky Mountain Songwriter Festivals Inc.
Tax ID# 81-4771929